S T U D I O
R O L A N D S O S A A R C H I T E C T U R E
is a design firm based in Bar Harbor, Maine,
created in 1997 by Roland Sosa,
registered architect and principal.
A R C H I T E C T U R A L S E R V I C E S
RSA offers both overall design and specialized consulting for detailing
and construction quality issues for residential and commercial work.
We satisfy our clients' programmatic needs while working in a variety
of architectural styles and remaining sensitive to the context of the
site and the surrounding area. We also provide efficient and responsible
project management: adherence to budget and schedule throughout the
design process, and thorough and careful construction administration.
These abilities allow us to deliver the highest quality architectural result,
giving the client the maximum value of project possible, both functionally
and aesthetically, for the available investment of resources and funds.
To gain more information and insight concerning our history, experience,
and abilities, please review the resume of our principal and examine
the descriptions and photographs of related projects.
A R C H I T E C T R O L A N D S O S A, P r i n c i p a l
PROFESSIONAL ARCHITECT REGISTRATION:
STATE OF MAINE, 1996. NEW YORK STATE, 1995.
TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, NEW ORLEANS, LA
MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE, 1988.
R E S I D E N T I A L P R O J E C T S :
- NUMEROUS NEW HOMES, RENOVATIONS AND ADDITIONS
IN THE DOWNEAST MAINE AREA.
V I E W S O M E O F O U R R E C E N T
C O M M E R C I A L P R O J E C T S :
- ACADIA NATIONAL PARK (in collaboration with Roc Caivano, Architects):
HULLS COVE VISITOR CENTER. Renovations and HVAC upgrade.
JORDAN POND HOUSE RENOVATIONS.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK RANGER RESIDENCES.
Renovations and hazardouse material abatement.
- MOUNT DESERT ISLAND BIOLOGICAL LABORATORIES, Bar Harbor.
DORMITORIES 1 AND 2.
AQUARIUM / VISITORS' CENTER.
Design development, structural design and detailing.
SEAWATER HEAD TANK BUILDING.
New facility for storage & distribution of seawater to lab facilities.
- AD & M / TEMPSHIELD, Trenton.
New high-tech manufacturing facility and headquarters.
- MDI YMCA, Bar Harbor. (Currently in design phase)
Two phase expansion of current facilities and new Gymnastics Center.
- THE TURRETS, COLLEGE OF THE ATLANTIC, Bar Harbor.
Analysis, report, and design development for ADA access renovations.
- HOLY REDEEMER ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, Bar Harbor.
Exterior investigation for repairs and interior renovation design options.
- SAINT PETERS ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, Southwest Harbor.
ADA compliance analysis and HVAC investigations.
- ABBE MUSEUM OFFICES, Bar Harbor.
Renovation of historic YMCA building into office spaces;
Analysis and building documentation for future major renovation.
- HULLS COVE SCHOOL HOUSE, Hulls Cove. (Pro bono)
Handicap accessibility for historic building.
- DOWNEAST TOYOTA, Brewer.
Design drawings for car dealership expansion and facade renovations
to meet national corporate standards.
- SEA BREEZE TOWNHOUSES, Bar Harbor.
Design drawings and Planning Board Application.
- VANDENBOSCH TOWNHOUSES, Bar Harbor.
Design/construction drawings for three connected duplex townhouses.
- HAVANA KITCHEN ADDITION, Bar Harbor.
- THE BLUEBERRY PATCH, Bar Harbor.
Storefront and facade redesign as part of second floor addition.
- BIRCH BAY VILLAGE, Bar Harbor.
Construction administration for various resident cottages.
P R E V I O U S E X P E R I E N C E:
- ROC CAIVANO, ARCHITECTS. Bar Harbor, Maine.
Associate & Project Manager, 1995-1997.
- PETER CORSELL ASSOCIATES. New York, NY. Senior Associate and Project Manager,
1990-1995. Major Building Envelope and Construction Quality Consulting Firm.
I E W
- KS PARK ASSOCIATES. New York, NY. Project Manager, 1989-1990. Commercial Interior Design.
- HANSEN, LIND & MIESEL. New York, NY. 1988-1989. Major Healthcare Design Firm.
- CANNON ASSOCIATES. St. Louis, MO. 1985-1988. Major Architectural Design Firm
I E W
J R . A R C H I T E C T J A N E T A N T I C H
- PRATT INSTITUTE.
Master of Fine Arts, Painting & Drawing, 2000.
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN.
Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, 1995.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE includes training with:
- ROLAND SOSA ARCHITECTURE. Maine. March 2004 - present.
- D.A.N.Y. Drafting and Model-building for exhibits. New York. 2000-2002.
- ROBERT A.M. STERN ARCHITECTS. New York. 1997-2000.
- JAMES LANGFORD ARCHITECTS. Dallas, Texas. 1996.
- CONTRACT DRAFTING / MODEL / PAINTING / RENDERING WORK.
Texas, New York, Maine. 1996-present.